Monday, December 8, 2014

We've got some catchin' up to do!

Hey world.

So Thanksgiving week was a good one. We barely worked in our area AT ALL. We did a bunch of difference exchanges and blitzes for the elders and sisters here. Well.. exchanges with sisters and blitzes for elders. Let's get that one straight. 
 
Ok. first. Thanksgiving! Food and a lot of it! We just went from one member's house to another and to another. But the second house that we went to was a member that is a professional chef. Yes. For real. The food looked really pretty.. best looking food I've ever seen. 

Next. TRANSFERS! Sister Petersen goes back to good ol' Utah this week :( so.. boys? She's a really great person. And FUNNY! If you want to laugh.. ask her on a date. She'll be at Utah State. Ready. Go.
 
Really though, I'm going to miss a lot of these people. Our zone is changing a lot! There has been a lot of missionaries here that have touched my life. It's official.. this mission has the best missionaries. Shout out to the TMM. Best Zone ever!



Oh! Side note. You all probably know this already, but I didn't write about it before. I talked to President Maluenda and I get to EXTEND! I'll be home on April 8th now. (Happy 80th BDay to my grandma) 

Okay quick story.. This past Friday, Sister Pete and I only had a few hours to work in our area, but we set really high goals that day. When we left the house I said, "Are you ready for this Sister Pete? We are going to have the BEST DAY EVER!" Yes I probably looked and sounded like a 5 year old, but we went out and worked as hard as we could. Laughing along the entire way:) We ended up surpassing all of our goals! We really gained a testimony about the importance of having a good attitude and working super hard. It was a really good way to end the transfer. And now I have abs because of how much we LAUGH! I'm sure going to miss my ginger. We have so many times like this.... yes we did that!!
 
 
Okay another quick story about this ginger called Sister Petersen. We were teaching a lesson in spanish and there was a picture about prophets, so she tried asking what the person thinks that these old men are doing (viejitos) but instead she asked what the person thinks these little sheep are doing (ovejitas).. close. Prophets=sheep? hahaha. I probably laughed for about 10 minutes. Okay well.. that's it for Thanksgiving week...

Onto this week:

This has been one CRAZY week! Sister Petersen left:( That was a sad moment at 5 in the MORNING! I might have shed a tear or two..or twenty. 


Now I'm with Sister Vazquez! And guess what!.. This is her last transfer. So yes, I'm sending another one home! I just chill here in the background. That also means that I get to stay here in Laredo for another one after that! YES. Life is good. 


So the day after transfers we left back down to McAllen for our meeting with President. It was really fun! And guess who got to work on bikes AGAIN. Yes. I was put with another sister that's pretty new to the mission that has been having a lot of health problems. They wanted me to work with her and basically tell my "story" you could say. Just to give her a little bit of hope. I had a great time working with her! I definitely learned a lot about attitude this week. President focused on it a lot! Especially during the STL meeting. I've always made it a goal to always have a great attitude. I used to think of it as a weakness, but after a lot of work, I've seen the Lord change it into a strength. Mom and Dad, you'll be excited to see the change! President told me the other day that my strength was always being HAPPY. When I was working in McAllen on bikes, the only bike that was there was from a REALLY tall sister. Okay you all know me. I'm the opposite of tall. And the seat wouldn't move! So I definitely had to ride the whole time standing up! My legs are a lot stronger than they were a few days ago:) 

The Hunt hair cut place is now open! I cut all the sister's hair up here:) 



I think that's about it for now! 
 
I love you all! 
Eat some peanut m&ms for me:)) 

Con amor, 
Hermana Hunt

p.s. watch the His is the Gift video!! Share it with your friends:) 
 

p.s.s. don't forget to mark your calendar, I come home APRIL 8TH... See you all at the airport!!


No comments:

Post a Comment