Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 7 - Bienvenidos to the jungle!!

Hola!! 
 
Leaving the MTC in Peru. Here is a picture of my group, GRUPO 14
 
 
 
Well I made it to Ecuador!!! 
 
The first day was spent at the President's home with President and Sister Amaya. 

Here is what they wrote my parents:
After her experience in the Perú MTC we had the wonderful opportunity to receive Sister Hunt at the airport along with other missionaries in her group, we shared together a welcome lunch, and special moments starting her mission. She received instruction on the rules of the mission and the correct manner to work, she met her first companion, Sister Gomez from Guatemala and was trained in the "Plan of First Twelve Weeks, "according to the direction we received from the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. With great pleasure I am pleased to report that the development of the Plan of Twelve Weeks has been so far a great experience with excellent results.
 
Here is a picture with my trainer, companion: Sister Gomez and Sister Hunt.
 
 
 
And I am literally in a little civilized town in the middle of the jungle! Seriously part of my ward is tree houses!!

So this past Friday we had a baptism! A 19 year old girl named Daniela. She amazes me! She lives with her aunt and uncle and none of her family supports her decision to be baptized. On the night of her baptism, none of her family came! She is doing this all on her own! So I was asked to give the talk at her baptism!! On my SECOND DAY! Oh wait.. that´s not all! They asked me to sing too! I sang and gave a talk at my first baptism. Wow they don´t kid around here.

Sorry I don´t have any time this week to write much! But I love you all!
Hermana Hunt xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment