Monday, August 18, 2014

Vayan a la batalla

Oh man these past few weeks have been nuts! We had minis.. then this week I got a call that said that I needed to go to a 3 day Leadership Training. I left on Monday and didn't come back until Thursday. A week without Sister Bentz AGAIN! Why does this keep happening to us? It's okay. I was able to learn so much. It was three days all about how to become better missionaries and leaders. The zone leaders were there, district leaders, and Sister Training Leaders. And me:) It was a great learning experience. I was able to work with a Sister that has A LOT of experience. I think my brain is going to explode with all that I learned.

Sorry all my notes are in Spanish.. so I'll try to have this make sense in English. One of the biggest lessons that I learned this week was how important it is to have a good attitude. When we have a good attitude we can work harder, love the people more, have gratitude, make better plans, invite people to baptism, basically everything that we learned about. I have never been to a meeting with President Maluenda and not been called on. This one was no different. He asked me what the Spirit has invited me to do after that training. It told me how I feel like I need to repent and be a better example for the sisters that I live with and have to teach. I live with 3 very very new missionaries. Sometimes it's hard to always have to be the example, or always have to be the one to make decisions or be in charge. But I realized what a great opportunity I have. I get to make myself better everyday so that I can serve the sisters around me. I decided from that day on that I will never let my attitude get the better of me. I will always CHOOSE THIS DAY to always be happy no matter what. 
 
I was tested like no other this week. After I made that commitment to myself and I got back to Edinburg, I saw some things start to fall apart. I had to make a conscious decision of how I was going to act. I knew it was going to be freaking hard (sorry I have a bad habit of saying that) but I knew that it would be worth it. And it was. We found some amazing new investigators this week and we set baptismal dates with them. The blessings really do come after we show our faith. Choose this day:) 

I love you all!


I found a Texas door.. I swear there are more Texas And Mexican flags here than US ones. 


This might be a reason why I LOVE Texas! 

I also realized that I have a problem with bumping into Elders. I don't know why.. but people are starting to notice. 

Have a great week! Read the book. It changes lives:) 

Hermana Hunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment