Monday, August 11, 2014

I can hear the wedding bells

Hello all!

This week was fantastic! We had mini missionaries this week. There is nothing more fun than having a 16 year old and 17 year old following you all week. No but for real. I LOVED it! Sister Bentz and I were really really sad though to have to split up for the entire week. I was able to have really awesome experiences with both of the minis. One of the first days, I had to teach one of them how to ride a bike. We needed to ride to some appointments so we practiced around the neighborhood for awhile. That didn't end too well.. she crashed. Whoops. But then we went out riding anyway. Bad choice Sister Hunt. We decided to lock the bikes up and walk for the rest of the day. It's all ok because then later we felt like we needed to talk to these guys playing basketball, so we pros-balled for a little and then set 2 baptismal dates with them! Perfection. Then with the other mini, we found a former investigator that was GOLDEN but couldn't be baptized because he was living with his girlfriend and she wouldn't marry him. (They are like 70 years old) But we found him and he's married! And he still really has those desires to be baptized, so we taught him again and set a baptismal date for later in this month. Miracles are in the air! One of the best parts of the week was being able to hear their testimonies at the end. I had no idea how much of an impact this had on them. Them having the opportunity to live the missionary life for a week really changed them. It made me really appreciate the opportunity I have to be out here. I love being a missionary! 
 


We had a wedding! Well not us.. but our member and her husband! They are the best. He isn't a member, but he just took this huge step, so it's only a matter of time;) Sister Bentz and I are pretty determined. 



Love, 
Hermana Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment