Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello friends and family!

This week was awesome! Just overall a great week. First off, we had a baptism! That's always a plus. One more soul brought unto Christ. His name is Jorge and he is 17 years old. I don't know if I already told you all the story about how we found him.. but you get to hear it again if I did! 
 
Sister Bentz and I were walking down a street because our appointment had just cancelled. We decided to talk to every single person all the way down that street.. no matter what.. and it was a LONG street. We ran into some very interesting people. There was one man that was sitting in his driveway smoking and when we walked up he yelled, "NOPE. Don't even try." So we asked him if there were any of his neighbors or friends that could use a message about Jesus Christ or just a nice song. He referred us to a neighbor a couple houses down. We went to go contact it and found out that it was a member!..whoops. They had been waiting for us to go over because they had a friend that wanted to know more about the church. Four weeks and many lessons later, Jorge was baptized. Thank goodness our appointment cancelled that one day and that I forgot that a member lived there.. sometimes things like that happen for a reason right? 
 
The baptism was one of the funniest things of my life.. definitely a journal making moment. The first time that the friend tried baptizing Jorge, he just kinda swooped over the water. I'm pretty sure his face didn't even get wet.. then they did it perfectly!..but forgot to say the prayer. Third times a charm! Jorge was successfully baptized and no one broke any bones. 
 

Another really cool moment that happened this week was when we went to visit a less active member. He has always been very nice, but we never really had the chance to talk to him too much. We decided to just get to know him this time. He told us all about his life, the war, and his family. It was so cool! Then we sang a song for him and then in the closing prayer he said,, "Hi Heavenly Father. It's me again. I know you haven't heard from me in awhile, but I just really want you to bless these girls.." Then he went on to say the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. Just like a little child would say it. It was so simple, but SO powerful. It really gave me a new meaning of prayer. 

Side note! We found out that our recent convert, Juan, is an amazing artist! We had no idea! I can't even explain..so just look at the picture and be amazed. 


I hope you all have a great week! Good luck in school to all you young ins :) 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment