Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Las chinchas...

So.. this week was pretty interesting. I'll start off with the weird part. So a couple weeks ago, I started getting these really weird bug bites. I always get bit by bugs, so I didn't really think anything of it, but they kept getting worse and worse. Then I mentioned it to another sister that we live with and she had the same thing! We thought that they were just mosquito bites. But then we were talking to another sister that just moved from our apartment to another one and she had the same thing! Well.. we found out a few days ago that we have BED BUGS! It started in one apartment and because we've done exchanges, it's now in like 6 sister apartments! And we just found out that somehow, ALL the Elders in our zone have them too! Eventually this is going to be an entire mission thing. We've been trying to talk to members to see how we can quickly get rid of them. We basically baptized our entire apartment yesterday with baking soda and salt. So.. if anyone has anymore suggestions. That would be great!
Okay on to the missionary stuff. 
We had a great week! We were able to find a lot of new people and they are progressing really well. We have this one investigator named Roberto. He is absolutely ready for baptism, all he needs to do is get married. So we are trying to plan a wedding for this week so that he can be baptized as soon as possible. He is so great! 
 
Even though we had a lot of highs this week, we also had a lot of lows. Some of our incredibly amazing investigators dropped us this week. We have no idea why, but we can't ever go back to them again. In a situation like that, it's hard to keep the faith. We might say, we did everything that we could do for those people, where did we go wrong? The only way to get through this is to keep our focus and keep the faith. We need to focus on the people that we actually have and use the gift of discernment to find the people that are being prepared. We are really excited to keep our investigators progressing. All we need is love. I love the people here, and I want the best for them. So I am going to work as hard as I can to help them be as happy as I am with the true gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. 


I love you all! Btdubs.. I love letters:)) 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Hunt 



No comments:

Post a Comment