Monday, April 28, 2014

The power of a simple fast

Hello everyone!

This past week definitely tried my faith a little bit. We were supposed to have a baptism yesterday, but everything fell apart in these last few days. Everything was perfect. We had everything set up, but on the day of our investigator's interview, we couldn't find him. We tried for hours. Which then turned into days. Our faith was tested every time we went to his house and no one answered the door. We didn't even know what to do. We were walking around outside on Saturday and we decided to start a fast. Right there. We just stopped what we were doing and begged for help from the Lord. I'm not going to lie, that was the hardest fast I have ever done. It was 100 degrees and I was sick, but it was worth it. The next day at church we had a bunch of less actives and an entire investigator FAMILY come to church! We had a lot of people there! We also saw other miracles falling from the sky. Of course it was difficult, but I now have a very strong testimony about fasting. If we do it right and with a sincere heart, we will receive answers from heaven. We didn't get it in the way we expected; we still can't find that investigator that was supposed to be baptized, but we received what we really needed. 

I love the gospel! I love being a missionary! It is really tough, but every second is worth it. 

I love you all! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Hunt 

p.s. I have become a pro rapper out here. ..and I'm getting tan. WADDUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment