Monday, May 19, 2014

Baptisms and Monsters

Hello!

This week was GREAT! Sister Perez and I are loving being companions and working here in Edinburg Central. I want to tell a little story.. 

One day my companion, Sister Stevenson, and I were walking around a neighborhood. We decided to knock on this purple looking door. An older lady named Consuelo answers the door and invites us in before we even introduce ourselves. Perfect. We taught her and her grandchildren the first lesson and set Baptismal dates with them for the 11th of June. 
 
 
 
Everything seems perfect. Sunday comes and we are expecting them to come to church. We call her an hour before to make sure that she is still coming and she tells us that she can't because she was going to go to the park. Really? The park? That's why you can't come to church? She didn't budge. Oh well. So that next week we continue teaching her and her family. By this time, her 10 year old granddaughter had already read 50 pages of the Book of Mormon. We were so excited! But then it started to get really hard to meet with them. The kids had sports every day including Sundays. We weren't sure exactly what to do. We decided to try a little harder. Then all of a sudden, we saw a huge change in Consuelo. She had an intense desire to learn more and was calling us every day to see when we were going over. We set up a time for her baptismal interview. Everything was great! Well.. she asked if she could wear a sparkly bikini.. she's like 78. She is absolutely hilarious. I have such a huge place in my heart for her. Yesterday I had to divine opportunity to see her enter into the waters of baptism. She came out of the font glowing with the light of Christ. I couldn't help but shed a tear or two. She is going to be an amazing member. 
 
 

Onto the other exciting part of my weekend.. Sister Perez and I had a companionship study with the two district leaders in my zone. After the study, they made us drink a Monster energy drink because we had never tried them before. After a little while, I went CRAZY! That stuff just went right through and made me a maniac! Then a few hours later.. I crashed. Hard. It was the WORST! The Elders were laughing so hard! So advice from Hna Hunt for the week.. don't drink monsters. They will destroy you. 
 
 
 

Alright folks that's all I have for this week! I love you all! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Hunt

P.S. We got a new car, we can only drive so many miles a week in it. So I still use the bike, but since Sister Perez doesn't have a license, I get to drive all the time. Yay!! My new baby (it won't ever replace Remy, but it's nice)


1 comment:

  1. I Love LOVE my Jennifer!!! keep up the Great work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete