Tuesday, May 27, 2014

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY.. yesterday

Hello! I hope you all had a good holiday!

Ours was interesting.. it was full of sick missionaries with the stomach flu. Everyone wash your hands or something. It's going around. Ehh. 

So Consuelo is officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!! She was confirmed on Sunday! She is such an amazing person. I am so excited to see her progress as a member. As she received the gift of the Holy Ghost, it made me think about all the times the Spirit has helped me in my life. It was the only reason why Consuelo got baptized. If we had not felt the prompting to knock on her purple door, she would not be a member today. 
 
Another one I thought about (don't freak out mom) was a couple months ago when my companion and I were walking around in a neighborhood. We were just walking around finding people to talk to when both of us just literally stopped in our tracks. We just looked at each other and my companion asked, "Do you have a weird feeling too?" YES! I did. We weren't sure exactly what it meant. We were trying to figure out if we forgot something that we needed to do, or if we had another appointment.. nothing. Finally I said. "I have no idea what or why, but I really just feel like we NEED to leave this neighborhood." I didn't care where we went, I just knew that we needed to leave. Fast. So we went to visit someone else a few neighborhoods over. The next day we found out from a member that there had been a shooting over in that neighborhood that we left! I am so happy that my companion and I were able to receive that strong prompting. I love the gift of the Holy Ghost! I don't know where I would be without it! I love this gospel! I love being a missionary! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Hunt

p.s. Funny story. Sister Perez and I got locked out of our house yesterday, so our Elders had to come over and break into our bedroom window so that they could climb in and open the door... Then they made us buy them soda.. Yep. My life.

Being locked out...


Also, members give us random food all the time. Good like knocking doors with this in your arms!! I think it actually weighs more than I do. ;o)






Last one, me just being me. Yep watch out, these are Man Eaters!!! Mom and Dad don't get caught in that Hall and Oats 80s flashback!!








No comments:

Post a Comment