Monday, June 16, 2014

Feliz dia de los Padres...

This week was a great week! It always seems like the best weeks fly by right before your eyes. I started writing this email early so that I could actually write more than last time.

OH! Happy Father's Day to all the fathers and future fathers! I love you all! I hope you all had a great day:) And had breakfast in bed or something.





So I think I already mentioned part of this story, but I'm going to tell it again anyway..

A couple weeks ago, my district leader was really emphasizing talking to everyone on the streets. My companions and I have always been pretty good with that, but we wanted to try even harder. So we were walking down the street to an appointment and we were on bikes so we were worried that we were going to be late; but as we were walking to our bikes, we saw this guy washing his car. 100% OYM (open your mouth) right? So we decided to take a minute to talk to him and maybe give him a card. His name is Juan and we ended up teaching him and setting a baptismal date with him. He later told us how he had been praying just a couple days before because he didn't know what to do. He used to be atheist, but he knew there was a God, but he didn't even know what to do. Where to go. Where to even start. We taught him all the lessons and he was absolutely golden. No issues at all. Then on Saturday, the day before his baptism, we get a text from him asking is we could cancel the baptism. WHAT? We were on the complete opposite side of our area, but we headed straight over there. He was saying how he started to get nervous and have some doubts. We basically had to drop a spirit bomb on him. We testified, shared scriptures, and testified some more. Long story not so short.. Juan got BAPTIZED yesterday!! It was so amazing! He has such a great spirit. I am so excited for him! He will do great things. (I hope you caught that quote..) 
 
 
The symbol for Baptism...

Another exciting moment of the week.. I got a call Friday night from the APs that I'm TRAINING! I'll be the youngest trainer in the mission. I went to a training meeting with President Maluenda, it was so great! I learned so much! He is an awesome mission president. I have learned so much from him and Sister Maluenda. We have some AWESOME leaders in this mission. Oh man I'm so nervous to train. But I have an amazing companion right now that is helping me get ready! So this week will be really interesting. I'm soo excited! 

So it's starting to get hot. It's not even the hottest part of the summer, not even close and it's already 111 degrees, oh yes.. I am getting darker and sweating (ahem I mean sparkling) a lot!!
 
 

I love you! 
con amor, 
Hermana Hunt 

p.s. Send me a letter or a quick email! I would love to hear from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment