Monday, June 30, 2014

6 months? 9 months? a year? Who knows..

Hello!

This past week has been really great! The Texas McAllen mission is heating up! And not just because of this crazy hot weather.. the missionary work is going great! 

So I guess I'll be serious for a few seconds. June 19th passed by a little while ago.. A whole year since I went to the Peru MTC. I started thinking a lot about this past year. I feel like it went by SO quickly, but at the same time A LOT has happened. I was in two other countries, I was home, and now I'm in Texas. Who would have thought that this would all happen? Definitely not me. My companion and I are doing a 40 day fast. Not literally a food fast, but a fast from ANYTHING that could keep us from being the best missionaries we can be. Like studying on our bed, or talking about worldly things, or even just snacking. But we've seen such a HUGE difference in our missionary work. We found a ton of new investigators this week, and we TRIPLED the standard of excellence for investigators with a baptismal date. While I was thinking about the week, I couldn't help but think that it is because all of the trials I went through that I'm here. That I have the opportunity to be serving in Texas, and to be training Sister Bentz, and to be teaching the people here. I still sometimes wonder why all of the trials came my way, but I know that it all happened so that I can be here in this exact place in this exact time. I needed to meet and teach these people, I needed to be companions with these Sisters. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the WONDERFUL year that I have had. It doesn't seem so wonderful on the outside, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I definitely still have those days where I miss Ecuador more than anything. I would give anything to get back.. but then I think about why I'm here. And I realize that I had my chance in Ecuador, I must have accomplished whatever I needed to do there, but now I'm here and I need to do EVERYTHING in my power to be the best missionary I can be and accomplish whatever I need to do here also. I mean it's also pretty cool right? Having two maps on my plaque. I am just really grateful for this past year. And grateful for all the people that encouraged me throughout the whole thing. Thank you so much! 

Well now on a more comical note.. We decided to ride our bikes the other day because it was sprinkling rain a little bit and we thought it would be fun. Little did we know, about 3 minutes into our bike ride, it started dumping buckets! I don't think I've ever been so wet in my life!! Sister Bentz and I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't want to make by baby cry in the first few weeks! It was really fun.. we definitely smelled interesting after that day though. I feel bad for those members that had us over to eat.. we just pretended that it was the dog or something. 



Thank you everyone for all the support! I love you all! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment