Monday, September 29, 2014

This crazy train called The Mission

Well hello all you fellows out there. This past week was NUTS. Honestly one of the weirdest weeks I've had so far. So everyone can just take a seat and wait for this madness..

We did three exchanges this week! Man, exchanges are really fun! I worked up north with some sisters over there. I love being able to learn SO much! We've really been focusing a lot on becoming better teachers. Since the way of teaching changed a few months ago, the new missionaries aren't really learning the foundation of teaching, all they have learned is reading a pamphlet. I've definitely seen how much the teaching is improving since we started the teaching work shops. 
Ok moving on to the juicy stuff.. 

So we were supposed to have 4 baptisms yesterday.. that didn't happen. Ok ok I'll try to give a short version of what happened. We talked to the family and the mom didn't feel ready yet, but her kids really wanted it and they felt ready so as of an hour before church started, all the kids were going to be baptized. We talked to the branch mission leader and got everything worked out and ready. Then 1 minute after the meeting starts, we get a call from the grandma saying that none of them were getting baptized because she wouldn't allow it.. WHAT? So we ran over to their house to see what was up. This was all in Spanish by the way. The grandma came out really mad and told us that this wasn't what she wanted for her daughter and grandchildren. An angry grandma.. it was scary. I literally had to bite my cheeks so that I wouldn't say anything.. well.. I said something. We won't talk about that, but it definitely made her mad. In the end, the satan grandma won. We know that that family will have the gospel one day. They have testimonies, it might just take some more time. We were pretty sad. Not going to lie. We decided to say a prayer so that we would be cheery for the rest of the day. While I was praying, I knew that we had done everything in our power, now it's just up to the Lord. And also another investigator popped into my mind. A kid that we have been teaching for awhile. He is so read and so prepared! We decided that we were going to invite him to be baptized TONIGHT! So guess what.. we're having a baptism!! Blessings really do come after the trial of our faith. We're so excited!! It's going to be a great way to end the P day. And to celebrate my 12 months serving in total mark! Basically my YEAR mark! WHAT? 6 months to sexy is starting NOW! I can't even believe it.. I feel old. 

Sorry I forgot my camera today. I actually had some cool pictures! We made a birthday cake for an Elder here and I tried to make it a shirt and tie. The tie was a Ted.. for any of you who are obsessed with ties like the Elders here!..it's ridiculous! Anyway.. and it even had his tag and name. We're pretty cool. I know. 

Well I guess that's enough for the day. 

Have a great week! Eat some ice cream for me tomorrow!:) 

con amor, 
Hermana Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment